We use the following method for preventing leaf eating pest:-
- Mix 3ml of NEEM OIL and 3ml of ECO-OIL per 1 litre of water.
- Spray this mixture as required over the foliage of the plant, shrub,
- In Summer this treatment may be required every 2 weeks.
- We use this treatment in preference to using natural insecticides
such as Pyrethrum, as the Neem Oil / Eco-Oil mixture does not prevent
pollination of the flowers, and so in the case of fruit trees, you still
get your fruit.
- Regarding fruit trees it is recommended that fruit not be eaten within two
days of spraying.
- Both Neem Oil and Eco-Oil are available at Jimboomba Home Hardware.